No other event brings together so many case studies and industry visionaries on Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality.
Split across 4 theatres, use the below guide to identify key industries and verticals to choose the most relevant discussions for you.
Discussions in the Experience, Innovation and Developer Theatres are free to attend on a first come first served basis.
Presentations in the Vision Theatre are for all attendees purchasing the Innovator Pass or by VIP invitation.
Stewart Rogers, Director - Marketing Technology, Venturebeat
- Best practice business models and monetization opportunities for AR, MR and VR?
- Commercialising VR and AR: Where do the opportunities lie?
Developing a Virtual Commerce Strategy
- Deciding which technology to use
- Identifying the appropriate customer
The Classrooms of Tomorrow: Using New Technologies in Education
- Making study materials more exciting and enhancing learning by increasing retention rates
- Combining new technologies with traditional teaching methods
The Current State of the Digital Reality Market
- Making better business decisions when designing, marketing, and distributing projects
- Data and Insights in the Market
- Trends in VR, AR and MR development
Dave Ranyard, Independent Virtual Reality Developer and former Studio Director, Sony
Evaluating VR and AR Investment Potential
- Billions in investment in AR, MR and VR hardware and software: But when, where and how will the returns come?
Enhancing the customer experience with immersive technologies
The Benefits that Mixed Reality can Bring to a Business
- Sharing real-world virtual workspaces
- Accessing remote expert advice
Denise White, Director - Technology, The Walt Disney Company
What New Experiences Can be Unlocked with VR and AR?
- The human benefit potential of VR. Can virtual worlds ever really be more meaningful than real life?
Danny Lopez, COO, Blippar
A New Retail Reality with AR, VR, and MR
- In-store or out-of-store applications?
- Connecting the brand to the consumer and the business model
- Helping consumers make more informed choices
Training the Healthcare Professionals of Tomorrow
- How UK hospitals are turning to simulation and the virtual world to train healthcare professionals in medical procedures
- Reproducing the stress of the operating room experience
- Learning to improve communication with your team and the patient
- Simulation for patients – the opportunity to demystify and reassure
Serious Immersion in Crossrail
Vin Sumner, CEO, Clicks and Links
Networking Refreshment Break
Panel: What Have We Learned from the Gaming Industry?
- Designing for VR/AR/MR
- Which sorts of experiences are more suited to which technology?
- Challenges faced so far and how these have been overcome
David MacQueen, Executive Director - Apps and Media, Strategy Analytics
Joe Robins, Community Evangelist, Unity
Panel: VR, AR and MR for Brand Engagement
- Creating immersive, impactful and memorable experiences
- How to incorporate VR/AR into a marketing plan
- Engaging the audience rather than just broadcasting
- Moving away from linear storytelling
Pieter Van Leugenhagen, Colony Growth Manager, Yondr
Paul Hannah, Creative Director Future Concepts, Airbus
Panel: How AR and VR are Changing the Game in Making the Transition to New Training Methods
- Implementing new technologies to teach a workforce in a safer environment
- Testing what-if scenarios
Panel: Lessons Learnt from Developing VR
- The new and unique considerations for developing in VR
Making Immersive Realities Possible in Mobile
Transforming How We Shop With VR, AR and MR
- Try before you buy taken to a new level
- Shopping in a VR environment
- Augmented reality online to offline purchasing
VR and Fitness
- Enjoying the great outdoors in any condition
- The development of games to improve fitness
- Improving balance for stroke victims and Parkinson’s sufferers
- Losing track of time when using VR in a fitness environment
- Microsoft HoloLens is the first fully self-contained holographic computer running Windows 10
- Microsoft HoloLens allows you to place holograms in your physical environment and provides a new way to see your world
- This session provides a mixed reality primer and an overview of the available tools & documentation to quick start your holographic application development
The Opportunities for Publishing with AR and VR
Leveraging 360° Video for Marketing Applications
- Using YouTube to create brand awareness and amplify the message
Virtual Reality and the Plastic Surgeon: How VR Enhances Patient Communication
Building for the Immersive Web
- Analysing the developer and artist tools available for WebVR today
The Network Opportunity: Getting Ready for Virtual Reality
- Getting ready for VR live streaming and VOD
- How operators should respond to the VR opportunity
Integrating Entertainment into E-Commerce
- Immersing users in a branded entertainment experience
- Creating personalised customer experiences
Immersive Technology in the Classroom
- VR and AR for higher rates of engagement
- Field trips from within the classroom
- Virtual exchange programs around the world and the cultural connect
Making Mobile VR a Reality
- Developing high-quality VR applications
- Best practice system and graphics API extensions
- Smartphone augmented reality, Tango and you
Panel: Can VR and AR Be Social?
Rowland Manthorpe, Associate Editor, Wired Magazine
Jeremy Dalton, VR/AR Lead, PwC UK
Arijana Walcott, Director of Consumer Business Development, Swisscom
Panel: Optimising Consumer Engagement with Different Platforms
- Addressing the Particular Characteristics of Each Advertising Platform
- Understanding the VR genre and how it applies to different mediums
Enrique Velasco-Castillo, Senior Analyst, Analysys Mason
Timothy Jung, Director - Augmented and Virtual Reality Hub, Manchester Met Uni
Kristen Bjaastad, Creative Lead Content Design, TUI Group
Panel: The Role of Simulated Environments in Education and Training
- Cave automatic virtual environments
- Cutting costs, increasing safety
- Emotionally/physically preparing your workforce
Sarah Jones, Deputy Head of School of Media & Performing Arts, Coventry University
Dr MariCarmen Gil Ortega, Programme Leader MA Education in Virtual Worlds, University of the West of England
Panel: Virtual Reality as the Next Mass Medium?
- How to help grow the VR ecosystem with accelerator programs
Neil Stevenson, Qualitative Research Manager, Ipsos MORI
Tom Standage, Deputy Editor, The Economist
Jamieson Brettle, Product Manager, Google
Finding the Right Opportunities: Where to Invest in VR
- Where are the investment opportunities in AR, MR and VR?
Dave Haynes, Investor, Seedcamp
AR and VR in Retail: The Value Proposition
- Connecting immersive technology to your business model
- Don’t wait for a “killer app” to force your hand.
- Place your bets now. The advantages for retailers in taking the technology lead
VR For Psychological and Physical Therapy
- Allowing patients to tackle problems in a safe and controlled environment
- Helping to enhance patient rehabilitation and manage pain
Key Learnings and Techniques for Marketing VR Products and Experiences
How are Immersive Technologies Catalysing Improved Collaboration?
- Remote working and reinventing where and what we consider the workplace is
- Building a stronger team culture within the workplace and increasing flexibility
Virtual Reality Lets You Arrive Without Travelling
- Fly before you buy
- Respirational Travel – White water rafting and rock climbing from the comfort of your sofa
AR, VR and MR in Public Services
- Preparing officers and emergency services for real-life situations
- Improving decision-making abilities
Localisation Technologies: The Opportunities
- Best practice integration tips from localisation application projects
How to do PR for your VR Startup
Ayelet Noff, Founder, Blonde 2.0
Stewart Rogers, Director - Marketing Technology, Venturebeat
How VR and AR are Shifting the Advertising Paradigm
Mixed Reality Industrial Training
How to Grow a Global Eco-System of VR Professionals
Panel: How Can We Kickstart Content Creation?
- Can VraaS transfer across to get people making more content?
- Making an all-in-one hardware solution that is affordable
- Implementing online platform support
- Streamlining the workflow
Sami Hamid, Lab Director, VR First
Simon Tarry, Director of Engineering, Ticketmaster
Bruce Hay, Head of Digital, Bestival
Thomas Gere, Founder & CEO, The Realities Centre
Panel: Augmented Reality vs. Virtual Reality: Where Should Brands Focus?
Moderator: Francisco Jeronimo, Research Director, European Mobile Devices, IDCPanellists:
Gregory Hough, Digital Projects Manager – Shopper Science Lab, GSK
Simon Silva, Global Customer Experience Manager, Bang & Olufsen
Panel: How do We Build Next Generation Training Systems?
- Developing a training curriculum and creating structured and consistent training models
- Understanding the various ways people learn and generational differences
Dr Alistair Barrow, Co-Founder and Director, Generic Robotics
Panel: Developing for the Future of Healthcare
- Creating VR, AR and MR for patients & healthcare professionals
- The opportunities and challenges in developing for Healthcare
- The process for creating VR, AR and MR in healthcare
- What developers need to know about the healthcare sector
Ethical Dilemmas of Virtual and Augmented Reality
- What are the key ethical concerns that may arise from research and personal use of VR/AR/MR?
- How can these be safeguarded against?
Engaging Audiences that are Ever-Harder to Please
- Incentivising the viewer to keep watching
- Invoking an emotive audience response
- Filling the void left by 3D
Making the Factory of the Future
- Planning the production and assembly processes in VR, AR and MR
Lessons learned from VR in Retail
Leveraging Tango and HoloLens for Mixed Reality Experiences
VR and Live Events
- Best practice learnings – How to transport fans who are unable to attend in person, to experience up close in real-time
- Key learnings from live event broadcasts
- 360 degree action replays
The Role of VR, AR and MR in Product Design and Development
- Implicating new methods and applications as part of the product creation process
- Revolutionising the design cycle
- Cost cutting and time saving with virtual prototypes
Panel: Creating Hybrid Realities with HoloLens, Tango, and Beyond
- How these various devices differ and how to leverage these capabilities.
- Seizing the mixed reality revolution - lessons learned developing for Microsoft HoloLens
- Leveraging different devices capabilities
- The unique considerations for mixed reality creation.
- Best practices and recommendations to help you avoid common pitfalls
The Commercial Opportunity for Virtual, Augmented and Mixed Reality
The Future of Cinema with VR
- Producing and directing for virtual reality
- How can VR film be brought to the masses?
- Creating film 360 degree film content
- Does AR have a place in cinema?
The Future of Property Viewings
- Virtual property tours now a reality
- Boosting international property interest
- VR Tours: The future of property marketing
- Previewing what off-plan property looks like
- Getting additional property info with Augmented reality
AR in the Enterprise: Immersive Data Visualization
Networking Refreshment Break
Panel: Promoting Women in VR/AR/MR
- Is VR the most woman-friendly field in the tech industry?
- What needs to be done to increase diversity in this space?
- Defining the culture and designing for inclusivity and diversity from the start
Kristen Bjaastad, Creative Lead, TUI Group
Luciana Se, Chief Evangelist, AVR & Racefully
Marija Butkovic, Digital Marketing and PR Strategist and Co-founder, Women of Wearables
Panel: Harnessing Audience Empathy
- Offering viewers a unique perspective on a situation and shaping emotional responses
- Using this to access and impact new audiences
Emilio Vacca, Director - Mobile, Telegraph Media Group
Pete Durant, Social Media and Digital Partnerships Lead, Comic Relief
Jess Crombie, Global Director of Creative Content, Save the Children
Panel: How is Construction Going Digital?
- Reducing errors in the design stage
- Connecting workers to maximise collaboration
- Digitising data collection
Matthew Hurrell, Preconstruction Director, ISG
Chris Freeman, Technical Lead - AR, AMRC
Scott Ellis, Architect & BIM Manager, Aros Architects
Best Practice: Building VR Motion/Touch Experiences
- What developers should consider when creating experiences?
- The technical and design considerations
Warren Lester, Product Manager, Vicon
Interview Session: The Economic Opportunity with Immersive Technologies and 360 Degree Video
- Best practice tools
- Monetising the new tech opportunity and adding value
Interviewer: David MacQueen, Executive Director, Strategy Analytics
Emilio Vacca, Director - Mobile, The Telegraph
Will Virtual Reality be the Future of the Music Industry?
VR and Real Estate
- Are show homes a thing of the past?
The Opportunity for VR, AR and MR in Training and Education
VR Beyond Gaming: What are the Best Applications of AR and VR in Business?
- Which industries best suit the current AR, MR and VR technological advances
How Theatres Are Evolving To Include VR Experiences
- Key learnings from the VR theatre Amsterdam
- VR accessible to “everybody,” eliminating the need for consumers to purchase expensive hardware
- The challenges of content and the VR Theatre
Using VR and AR in Engineering
- The power of VR and AR in manufacturing industries
- How it’s adoption and utilisation can lead to powerful new avenues in your design process
- How VR and AR is transforming the way we work
- How can eye tracking be used to make VR more accessible
- Improving the immersive experience for everyone
The VR Enterprise: Real solutions that boost sales, reduce errors and save time
How Virtual Reality is Transforming the Sports Industry
- Viewing sporting events in VR
- Viewing the action from the player’s perspective
- Recreating the action and the benefits to players and officials
- Dealing with the social shortcomings
- Using VR to train teams
- The impact of technology on the future of professional sports
What are the Benefits of Visualising Data Using Immersive Technologies?
- AR and VR applications in the workplace
Why 2D UI Still Matters?
- Integrating 2D UI with VR Environments
- Why it's still necessary to deal with 2D UI even in an immersive 3D world
- The challenges in building interfaces and embedding them in
Avril Furness, Director, Black Dog Films
Panel: Comparing AR, VR, MR and 360 Video Across Verticals
Moderator: Vijay Michalik, Research Analyst - Digital Transformation, Frost & Sullivan
Mark Christian, Global Director Immersive Learning, Pearson
Nigel Hilditch, Director of Video, Sotheby's
Panel: The Place of VR in Arts, Culture and Heritage
- Enabling the public to engage with spaces and exhibits in previously unknown ways
- Is VR for Artists? - How can art and technology be combined?
- Using the latest technologies to enhance learning
- How much should be available online?
Chris Michaels, Head of Digital & Publishing, British Museum
Ben Vickers, Curator of Digital, Serpentine Galleries
Tom Nelson, Creative Producer, Royal Opera House
Panel: How Can the Built Environment Integrate Immersive Technologies?
- Overcoming the different structure of CAD and VR models
- Familiarising building professionals with VR concepts
Chris Freeman, Technical Lead - AR, AMRC
David Miller, CEO, David Miller Architects
Jamie Hiller, Pre Construction Director, Kier Construction
Panel: Developing for VR, AR and MR in TV and Film
- The authoring process for 360 films from a technical, production and creative viewpoint.
- Making AR, VR and MR trailers
- How to direct a viewer's attention? Digital reality experiences: films, games or neither?
Avril Furness, Director, Black Dog Films
How to Survive as a VR/AR Startup
Why AR for Enterprise?
How VR Confounds Design Expectations
How Can We Overcome the Network Challenges Associated With VR/AR/MR Delivery?
Bringing TV IP to VR
Bradley Crooks, Head of Digital Entertainment and Games, BBC Worldwide
Testing Viability in Building Design
- Fully simulating the environment a structure must withstand
- Virtually exploring a design
- Taking BIM to the next level
Best Practice Profiling Applications for Peak Performance
- Analysing and optimizing your applications performance
- Which elements will impact performance
Developing and Sharing Standards to Ensure Reliability, Compatibility, Privacy and User Safety
Right Content, Right Audience, Right Time?
- Picking campaigns which will have an audience who will want to be engaged in a virtual space, then creating the content that is appropriate to their interests and anticipated engagement levels
- How critical is audience research
- VR as a sensory experience - connecting the viewer to a film or TV show
Best Practice Enterprise Smart Glasses Projects
- Improving workflows and increasing efficiency with smart eyewear
Filming, Directing and Reporting in 360 Degrees
- The future of the news?
Panel: Immersive Technologies Five Years From Now
- Clear strategies and tips on navigating turbulence and an ever changing, ever more competitive environment
- Forecasts and Predictions for AR & VR Industry Growth
Brian Waterfield, Virtual Reality & High-end Visualisation Technical Lead, Land Rover
Aidan McCullen, Head of Innovation Partnerships and Funding, RTE
Panel: Entertainment and Media Five Years from Now
Piers Harding-Rolls, Director, Games Research, IHS Markit
Derek Koenig, Head of Creative - SVP, Discovery Communications
Andy Gower, Head of Interactive TV Research, BT
Panel: 5YFN (5 Years from Now): The Enterprise of the Future
- What will the immersive office of the future look like?
- The impact of immersive technologies on the future factories and production lines
- Which industries and stand to benefit and transform the most?
Megan Kierstead, Senior User Researcher, Salesforce
Panel: Future Development Considerations in AR, MR and VR
- How could VR, AR and MR evolve 5 years from now
- What the future holds for connected experiences
- What’s next: Planning for users accessories for feeling texture and tasting flavours
Rab Scott, Head of Virtual Reality and Modelling Group, AMRC
Luis Bollinger, CMO, Holo-Light
Rebecca Gregory-Clarke, Lead Technologist – Immersive, Digital Catapult
Keep up to date with the latest VR World info